By Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum
This accomplished reference advisor will remove darkness from your figuring out of the previous testomony and the gospels via analyzing almost each position in Israel on the subject of biblical occasions and subject matters and learning Jewish historical past, particularly the heritage of the kingdom of Israel. a brand new layout makes this examine advisor a good touring spouse on all Israel excursions in addition to a vital source for any believer's ongoing examine. As an further bonus, we now have incorporated info on Jordan. This revised variation contains an replace at the present kingdom of Israel (since 2008), bright new artwork together with the canopy and bankruptcy heading pages, a word list, topic index and scriptural index.
Read Online or Download An Historical and Geographical Study Guide of Israel PDF
Best religion books
This significant contribution to the sociology of faith presents an research that clarifies the customarily ironic interplay among faith and society. Berger is famous for his concise and lucid kind.
Addressing the query of the origins of the Zoroastrian faith, this ebook argues that the intransigent competition to the cult of the daēvas, the traditional Indo-Iranian gods, is the foundation of the improvement of the 2 valuable doctrines of Zoroastrianism: cosmic dualism and eschatology (fate of the soul after dying and its passage to the opposite world).
- The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails
- Your Own Jesus: A God Insistent on Making It Personal
- Beyond Biblical Theology: Sacralized Culturalism in Heikki Räisänen's Hermeneutics
- Les Apologistes chrétiens et la culture grecque
- Phénoménologie de la religion et herméneutique théologique dans la pensée du jeune Heidegger: Commentaire analytique des Fondements philosophiques de la mystique médiévale (1916-1919)
Extra info for An Historical and Geographical Study Guide of Israel
THE ARABAH A. THE IYON VALLEY (AYOUN) 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Border between Israel and Phoenicia and Aram (Syria) Biblical Valley of Mizpah - Joshua 11:3, 8 The city was smitten by Ben Hadad - I Kings 15:20; II Chronicles 16:4 The city was taken by Tiglath Pileser III - II Kings 15:29 In 1948, the valley became part of Lebanon One of four sources for Jordan River, the Baragit or Ayoun flows through here a. Also known as Hatanur, meaning “oven” because one of the high waterfalls has formed the shape of a chimney in the rock b.
GILEAD Name comes from a root meaning “rugged land” From the Yarmuk River in the north to the Jabbock River in the south Area of the flight of Jacob from Laban - Genesis 31:21, 23, 25 The buyers of Joseph came from here - Genesis 37:25 Area taken and settled by the Transjordanian tribes - Numbers 32:1-42; Deuteronomy 2:36; 3:10, 5-16; 4:43; Joshua 12:1-6; 13:11; 22:9, 13, 15, 32 6. Part of the area was given to the Tribe of Manasseh - Numbers 32:39-40; Joshua 13:31; 17:1-6; I Chronicles 27:21; Psalm 60:7; 108:8 7.
2. 3. 4. From Wadi Kelt in the north to the Negev in the south Size: 15 x 50 miles Area where the Benjaminites were defeated - Judges 20:42, 45, 47 Some of David’s hiding places during the flight from Saul - I Samuel 23:1426:3; Psalm 3:superscription 5. Part of David’s flight from Absalom - II Samuel 17:16 6. Uzziah built towers in the Wilderness - II Chronicles 26:10 7. C. 8. Area where John the Baptist grew up - Luke 1:80 9. Where John received his call - Luke 3:2 10. Site of the preaching of John the Baptist - Matthew 3:1-4; 11:7; Mark 1:3-4; Luke 3:4; 7:24; John 1:23 11.